Thursday 13 September 2012

A take on life

Seasons of Life

My journey began just as any ordinary being
But the course it took was very different.
I toured through spring, summer, autumn and finally winter
And experienced all that life had to offer me.

It all began when I entered the door to childhood
Into the world of bliss and delight where I bloomed like the cherry blossoms of spring
Spring bloomed and I bloomed with it.

I had to leave this temporary world,
This world of cherries and contentment,
And enter the arena of rebellious heat.

My entry to teenage hood gave me unbound freedom with the closest of friends
But it was like the hottest summer ever endured
With pressure as hot as the heat of the sun penetrating me.

This realm did not last for long
But I was happy as I drew closer to entering my perfectly planned life, adulthood.

Adulthood was not as simple as it seemed
People were different, and not everyone looked out for you.
My  high expectations of a better, different world broke,
Just like crisp autumn leaves that fall and snap under the heel of our feet
This wasn’t all that was in store for me
I worked hard and it paid off with all the love and friends I had.

My journey was drawing to an end
And as I drifted into the quietness and peacefulness of senility and, of winter
Winter’s arms wrapped me and gently stole me away.


My works or my life will not be remembered
 But I will be remembered through these words that I have written

By Christine David

[Congrats on winning the 2nd position in the Senior category at the IDEA competition in Abu Dhabi with this piece!]

No comments:

Post a Comment