Tuesday 22 April 2014

The Mist

Tania Aravind of 11-E personifies an atmospheric element in her poem, "The Mist"...


It was amongst leaves whispering

That I took in the image of her fearful being

She glowered down at me and I felt my knees

Violently shake like waves crashing down on the still sea

 

Many a time I tried crossing paths with her


But hurriedly paced back for she was my fear

Many a time I beat my fist against my breast

For I kept failing my one test

 

One day I steeled my nerves

And stood before my life's curse

I intended to face her now

Stand straight and tall until before me she'd bow

 

I glared into her fearful face

And went right through her while myself I did brace

Stopped in surprise when I noted that she didn't resist

And then smiled for I realized that she was the mist.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment